Zoom H4n Pro Digital Multi-Track Handy Recorder
Zoom H4n Pro Features:
- Four-track simultaneous recording
- High-fidelity mic preamps
- Built-in X/Y stereo microphones, adjustable between 90˚ and 120˚
- Record up to 140 dB SPL with X/Y microphones
- Two mic/line level inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors
- Stereo 1/8″ Mic In mini phone jack
- +24 or +48V phantom power for main inputs and Plug-in power (2.5V) via Mic/Line In mini phone jack
- Output/headphone jack with dedicated volume control
- Records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32 GB
- Supports up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Built-in effects, including compression/limiting, low-cut filtering, modulation, reverb/delay and amp models
- 2-in/2-out USB audio interface for PC/Mac computers
- Mounts to mic stand or tripod, or directly to DSLR with optional Hot Shoe adapter
- Runs on 2 standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries with up to 6 hours of operation (up to 10 hours in Stamina mode)
With the new Zoom H4N PRO Handy Recorder, we’ve taken everything creators to love about the H4n and brought it to the next level.
The H4n Pro isn’t just improved, it’s superior in every way. With advanced X/Y microphones, incredibly natural-sounding preamps, and a super-low noise floor, you can record everything from the Indy 500 to the fluttering of a hummingbird with extraordinary realism.
The H4n Pro sports the same low-noise, high-performance mic preamplifiers as in the company’s renowned H5 and H6 Handy Recorders, both of which have found much use here at Sweetwater. It records and plays back at resolutions up to 24-bit/96kHz and boasts an improved noise floor that captures low-volume audio with few artefacts and vanishingly low noise.
Welcome to the new gold standard in field recording.
- Pristine stereo or four-channel recording, up to 24-bit/96 kHz
- Redesigned stereo X/Y microphones handle up to a thunderous 140 dB SPL
- New super low-noise preamps, less than -120 dBu EIN
- 2 XLR/TRS inputs with secure locking connectors
- Use as 2-in/2-out USB audio interface
- Remodeled FX Processor with ultra-realistic guitar/bass amp emulation, compression, limiting, and reverb/delay
- Records on SD/SDHC cards up to 32 GB (not included)
CHICK’S ULTIMATE HANDHELD RECORDING STUDIO
With onboard X/Y microphones, two combo input jacks, overdubbing, effects, and more, the H4n Pro is packed with features that allows musicians to create songs from start to finish.
Chick Corea | 23-Time Grammy Award Winner
PROFESSIONAL GRADE PREAMPS
The H4n Pro features high performance, low-noise mic preamps with recording resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz. The improved noise floor (-120 dBu EIN) captures audio at lower volumes with less noise and fewer artifacts.
USB AUDIO INTERFACE
Functioning as a 2-input/2-output USB audio interface for PC or Mac, the H4n Pro enables you to record directly to your computer.
Field recording for film and video
Zoom loaded the H4n Pro with features that make it ideal for recording film production sound and sound effects. The onboard XY microphones capture a stunning stereo image, and two combo input jacks let you use your favourite mics as well. The H4n Pro also has a headphone/line-out jack you can use to send a high-definition stereo audio signal directly to your camera.
Stereo, M-S, and 4-channel modes
The H4n Pro can handle up to 140dB SPL, which makes it perfect for recording concerts, from a quiet chamber quartet to an ear-bludgeoning metal band. Using the H4n Pro’s built-in XY mics (or external ones), Stereo mode is great for capturing acoustic instruments, dialogue, live performances, and more — covering a broad stereo spectrum while capturing clear, defined sound sources in the centre. You can change the angle of the two unidirectional condenser mics from 120 to 90 degrees for a wider or more tightly focused image. Plus, Zoom has included an onboard M-S decoder for mid-side recording with external mics, which lets you adjust the width of the stereo image in post-production. In 4-channel mode, you can record with the built-in mics and two external inputs simultaneously, adding lively room ambience to a stereo board mix.
For journalism and podcasting, the Zoom H4n Pro can’t be beaten, giving you the portability, miking versatility, and professional audio quality you need for impactful storytelling. The H4n Pro’s support for plug-in power lets you easily mic the talent with a lavalier. Record time-stamped WAV files and sync the audio with video footage in post-production, or embed hi-fi audio directly in your video in real-time, via a 1/8″ stereo feed.
Handheld multitrack studio and interface
Produce songs from start to finish with the H4n Pro, using its punch-in and overdubbing features, studio-grade effects, and instrument emulators. The H4n Pro also functions as a 2-in/2-out USB audio interface for Mac and PC, so you can launch your favorite music software (or the included Cubase LE) and start creating right out of the box. The Pro’s Multitrack Mode turns it into a four-track studio, complete with overdubbing, onboard effects, and the capability of working with previously recorded sound files. The built-in studio-grade effects include dynamics processing, reverb and delay, a highpass filter, and more. You’ll find dozens of killer amp models and effects for guitar and bass. You can loop playback and independently adjust speed and pitch, making the H4n Pro an effective tool for phrase training. There’s even an onboard tuner and metronome, so you’ll always be in tune, and in time.
Specification: Zoom H4n Pro Digital Multi-Track Handy Recorder
|Size and Weight|