Streamlined Kit with Full-Size Wooden Shells
When you need the glamour and presence of a full acoustic drum set on stage—but with the convenience and control of electronic drums—the VAD503 is the perfect solution. This premium ‘one-up, one-down’ kit features wooden shells with full depth and diameter, exquisitely finished and mounted on double-braced chrome stands for a look that will have the audience convinced you’re playing acoustic drums. Roland’s advanced digital sensor technology and dynamic TD-27 drum module provide the sound and response to match, making sure every stroke, ghost note, roll, and swell is fully expressed in incredible detail.
Hands-on module interface
Browsing kits, tweaking sounds, and saving custom presets in the VAD503 are walks in the park, thanks to the TD-27 module’s dedicated knobs and hands-on interface. Tuning and muffling have their own controls. And buttons around the jog wheel ensure you never get lost in sub-menus. The knurled knobs and rubberized selectors all feel great in the hands — which is important on a tool you might use for hours on end.
Powerful Prismatic Sound Modeling
Every onboard kit within the VAD503 is crafted to sound great without tweaks. But for times when you need a custom kit for a particular performance, Prismatic Sound Modeling — derived from the flagship TD-50 — has you covered. You have control over each drum shell’s tone and tuning. Each cymbal’s size and liveliness. You can even control virtual mic placement to dial in the perfect amount of natural ambience and life. Once you’ve found your sound, sweeten kick, snare, or toms with onboard FX, including rich reverb and smooth tape-like compression.
PureAcoustic Ambience Technology
The VAD503’s PureAcoustic Ambience Technology creates an immersive soundstage that really makes you feel like you’re there. PureAcoustic tech lets you dive deep into sound tweaking, too, allowing you to adjust virtual microphone positions like a real recording studio, then balance each part of the kit with outboard-style FX processors.
Full-size wood shells, tuneable mesh heads
Nothing looks and plays like a wood drum. The VAD503’s full-sized wood shells and tuneable mesh heads supply the feel of your favorite acoustic kit, all with an easy-to-control acoustic output that’s easy to control onstage or in a residential setting. Shells come decked out in a premium Roland Midnight Sparkle wrap and feature chrome hardware for an unmistakable look from the platform or in the studio.
Roland V-Drums Acoustic Design VAD503 Electronic Drum Set Features
- Four-piece V-Drums Acoustic Design kit with full-size wood shells and double-braced chrome stands
- TD-27 sound module with advanced Prismatic Sound Modeling derived from the flagship TD-50
- 14″ PD-140DS digital snare and 18″ CY-18DR digital ride cymbal with high-resolution, multi-sensor triggering for unparalleled dynamics and accurate positional detection
- 10″ PDA100-MS rack tom, 14″ PDA140F-MS floor tom, and 20″ KD-200-MS kick with custom chrome hardware and Midnight Sparkle wraps
- Additional cymbal pads include 12″ VH-10 V-Hi-Hat and 14″ CY-14C-T crash
- Drum in inspiring sound spaces with newly developed PureAcoustic Ambience Technology
- Hands-on interface for quick-and-easy selecting and personalizing drum sounds
- Import your own WAV samples via an SD card
- Stereo mix output and two assignable outputs for sending individual drum sounds to a PA mixer
- Integrated 28-channel USB audio interface for professional computer music production
- Three auxiliary trigger inputs for easy kit expansion
- Onboard Bluetooth for drumming with music from a smartphone or laptop
- Built-in practice functions for developing drumming skills
Specification: Roland VAD503 V-Drums Acoustic Design